What is OfficeExporter
OfficeExporter exports data from a SQL Server, ODBC Data Source or DataTable to either an Excel file or an Access Database without the need of having Office installed.
Integrate OfficeExporter in your project
Just add the project to your solution and start using the library like in the examples. Create a OfficeWriter object, create a table and write your data to Excel or Access.
What is included
- full source code
- example files
- example project
- heavy commented example and library (public methods)
I recommend to have the Microsoft Access Database Engine installed, it is need to write Excel and Access files. Its included in newer versions of Microsoft Office. There is no need to have Office installed though, just the Access Database Engine.
If you have any questions or need help, feel free to contact me.
- 1.0 (2015-02-15)
- initial release
- 1.1 (2015-05-19)
- added the functionality to export data from databases (Odbc data sources and Microsoft Sql Server) too
- code clean up
- renamed project to OfficeExport, didn’t like the “Easy” part anymore, it’s still easy to use though :>
- all write functions now take now the table name where the data should be imported in
- all data table and single row write functions now take the columns as additional parameter to import the values properly
- added a “WriteSingleRow” method to insert single rows into a Excel or Access table